Common Media is looking for an outstanding communicator to join our team as a New Business and Marketing Coordinator.
The ideal candidate has experience managing social media and client outreach, writing and editing project proposals, and practice working in a CMS. You should be excited about the web and making beautiful and functional digital products as part of a supportive, friendly team.
People of color, queer and trans people and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a flexible 25-35 hour position with benefits with the possibility of shifting to full-time.
About Common Media
We build and maintain custom WordPress and Drupal sites from a studio in Greenfield — though these days we are all working remotely. We’re all curious learners with a deep respect for each other and the people we collaborate with. We’re lucky to have a portfolio of clients who, like us, are driven by their values.
We believe a web site is not a static tool, but an evolving project that needs to flex with a client’s shifting needs. We approach development holistically, weighing editorial needs, SEO, metrics and technical requirements equally. All of our project managers, developers, and designers think of their work as a long-term relationship with a client.
This is a new position at Common Media. The New Business/Marketing Coordinator would work directly with the CEO to manage the pipeline for all sales work as well as marketing initiatives.
At Common Media our new business comes from a mix of existing clients and Requests for Proposals from new clients, often introduced to us by referral. There is little “cold calling” here. The person in this role would coordinate the full sales process, including communication with prospective clients, proposal design and delivery of materials, often on deadline. This role would also help cultivate leads with existing clients and in the development of new business outreach — e.g., campaigns promoting specific services or clients. A positive rapport with clients is essential. You also need to be able to speak clearly and enthusiastically about how we work, but we’ll train on you that part of the job.
Our marketing initiatives are (currently) limited, but we’d like to expand our work to include the development of our own web site, including targeted landing pages around the services we offer. (This would be an opportunity for you to learn more about SEO.) We’d also like to communicate more, both to our existing clients and more broadly, about the work we do and the wonderful people we work with. Marketing may eventually include a presence at conferences (if those ever happen again in person) or participation in industry events.
Other duties may include:
- Manage initial communication with prospective clients/projects, scheduling meetings, setting timelines for deliverables, tracking in our sales software, etc
- Participate in proposal writing, coordinating other resources in the process (design, technical)
- Participate in new business calls and meetings, providing support in advance and follow-up from meetings (action items, etc)
- Ensure that we’re fulfilling deadlines, promises to prospective client (delivering proposals, responses on time)
- Help seek out new opportunities for Common Media
- Maintain promotional content on our web site and social media
- Manage any marketing collateral we develop
- Some travel for client meetings (mostly Boston and New York — post pandemic)
- Participate in business development for new products and/or service offerings
- Defining materials
- Generating prospect list
- Sales outreach, client meetings
More about us
- We’re committed to supporting digital products holistically and doing excellent work
- We ask lots of questions to understand what a client really needs before offering a solution
- We’re genuinely nice people
- We are a queer woman-led organization committed to equity
- We have progressive, flexible workplace policies that support working families
- Prior experience in a creative or technical agency
- And/or prior experience in a web communications or marketing role
- Experience using Drupal and/or WordPress
- Confident, extroverted and comfortable leading a conversation in a room full of people
- Savvy consumer of digital media and tools (particularly GSuite, Slack, Hubspot)
- Eager to work as part of team
- Genuinely nice
- Competitive salaries
- Actual work/life balance, support for partial-remote and flexible working schedule
- A company matched retirement contribution
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company-sponsored professional development
Send inquiries and/or resumes to jobs at commonmedia.com.